Create or choose images that meet these criteria:
- The graphics need to be free of copyright restrictions (unless they fit the definition of fair use), or you must obtain permission to use them. [More on this topic in the next section.]
- Photos and/or illustrations should accurately depict the information in the document. Avoid images that are simply decorative.
- The images should be crisp and well-lit.
- Garish, clashing, and overly colorful images are a poor choice. Think about the image and the rest of the design on the page as you make a choice.
- Background noise should be eliminated. There should be nothing irrelevant or distracting in the image. Avoid photobombs!
- The text should refer to the pictures, and the graphics should work in harmony with the written text.